What to Expect When Your Child Enrolls in Dance Classes at Progressive Dance Studio This Fall
At Progressive Dance Studio we want to assure you that we are taking the health and safety of our students, parents, teachers, and employees very seriously as we reopen the studio in September. There are many new safety rules, precautions, and sanitation measures that we are implementing.
Below is an overview of what parents and students can expect when they enroll in dance classes at Progressive Dance Studio this Fall.
New Safety Rules and Procedures
- Students, parents or any household member should not come to the studio or attend class if they have any of the following symptoms: Fever of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or higher, fatigue, dry cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, loss of taste or smell, muscle aches.
- If you or your child have been ill, around someone who has been ill or tested COVID-19 positive, please self-quarantine and wait 14 days to return to the studio.
- All employees, parents and children will be required to wear a face mask/covering at all times.
- Children must come dressed for class as changing rooms will be closed. Your child must keep their personal items at home. No personal belongings are allowed in the studio, with the exception of water, hand sanitizer, and if needed, inhalers and EpiPens.
- Students will be required to bring their own hand sanitizer. They will apply sanitizer each time they touch a surface in the studio, until such time as they can adhere to CDC recommended handwashing procedures.
- Students must arrive early for each enrolled class, allowing an additional 5-10 minutes for check-in procedures and for us to sanitize the studios.
- Upon arrival at the studio, everyone will be checked in at the door. Everyone entering the building will have their temperature taken using a no-touch digital thermometer. Please do not leave your child at the studio until we have cleared their temperature.
- Our lobby area is restricted and is closed to minimize traffic. If your child is 6-years-old and above, you must wait outside of the studio until the child’s class is over. The waiting area and lobby will ONLY be open to parents/guardians with children 5 and under. Only one parent/guardian may wait inside the studio for these children.
- We will practice social distancing of at least 6 feet the entire time, where possible.
- Students will be distanced by AT LEAST 6 feet in the dance studios.
- To see the distancing layout and occupancy capacity view the floor-plans for each studio below
Hybrid Dance Class Schedule **
To keep occupancy of the studios to safe limits and within mandatory guidelines, dancers will alternate each week between being in the studio and participating through the Zoom online class. This way everyone will be able to have an in-studio experience and adhere to social distancing guidelines.
The Hybrid Class Schedule will work like this:
- The portion of students in-class on a given week will depend on the size of the studio and occupancy guidelines.
- The portion of students taking the Zoom class online in a given week will depend on how many are enrolled in the class.
- Students will cycle into class at weekly intervals according to the size of enrollment.
** Announcement **
Due to the feedback from parents and students, We have decided to no longer offer the Hybrid Class Schedule.
Instead, we will be offering 100% in-studio classes with a limited capacity for social distancing. This will be on a first come first serve basis. We can only accommodate 8 to 12 students in a class depending on the size of the studio.
You may also have the option of having your child participate in classes full time on Zoom. Anyone registering after the class in-studio capacity limit is reached must attend online classes via Zoom until the studio is allowed to open up at full occupancy capacity.
Please call or email us with any questions you may have.
- In-Studio/Online Dance Class – Hybrid**: As stated above, the student will alternate each week between being in the studio and taking the Zoom online class.
- Online-Only Dance Class: You may choose to have your child take the Zoom class online only. If we are able to completely open the studio before the end of the year, the student may convert to a studio class if space permits.
- Wait List Expansion: The advantage of online dance class; if a dance class is waitlisted, students may register and take the class online via Zoom, and then join in-studio if space becomes available.
- Make-up Classes: Because of the extra limitations on occupancy, if a student misses a class, they can only make it up online.
Progressive Dance Studio Assurances
PDS employees are following strict sanitation and disinfecting guidelines and procedures all day long. These procedures include but are not limited to frequent hand washing, disinfecting ballet barres, floors, door handles and knobs, restrooms, and all high touch areas.
Should there be a spike in COVID-19 cases and we are directed into a “shelter-in-place” situation again, all classes will continue online via Zoom sessions.
To all current and future parents and students, we thank you so very much for your kindness and support during this difficult time in our history, and we look forward to seeing you this fall at Progressive Dance Studio!
Latest Studio News
Happy New Year! 2021 Dance Class Enrollment is Open for New Students!Register Your Child for a Dance Class before January 22nd and receive a 10% discount on tuition and no registration fee.2021 Dance Class Registration is Now Open in our Englewood Dance Studio! ...
Robert McBay (Hip Hop Dancer, Instructor, Choreographer)Rob McBay is a born and bred New Jersey native, growing up in Closter, New Jersey. Rob is a passionate dancer, instructor, and choreographer. As we at Progressive Dance Studio can tell you, anyone...
Celebrate your child’s next birthday with a Virtual Birthday Dance Party!Host A Virtual Birthday Dance Party for children to attend from their own home! Since in-person events like Birthday parties with friends and relatives are limited due to safety...